Sue Ronan's squad look forward to Swiss test
Sue Ronan's squad look forward to Swiss test.
Sue Ronan has named her Republic of Ireland Senior International Women’s squad for their friendly versus Switzerland this weekend.
Speaking about the match Sue Ronan said “This is an ideal game to help us to prepare for the challenges of Wales and Scotland in Turner’s Cross next month. We had a tough match last time out and although we were leading for the majority of the game we still conceded two late goals and allowed Scotland to get the win. We know that we need to improve for our home matches and this friendly with Switzerland will be the perfect chance to begin focusing before two very important qualifiers.”
Emma Byrne is unavailable due to injury so Grace Moloney has been called up in her place. Wexford Youth’s, Cherelle Khassal, has also been called into the squad after a stunning debut season with Wexford Youths. Ciara Grant is on target to win her 101st cap against Switzerland and Denise O’Sullivan will be looking to keep up her excellent goal scoring form for the Girls in Green.
- Grace Moloney Reading FC
- Eve Badana Drexel College
- Yvonne Tracy Arsenal FC
- Louise Quinn Peamount United FC
- Megan Campbell Raheny United FC
- Niamh Fahey Arsenal FC
- Ciara Grant Arsenal FC
- Marie Curtin Fortuna FK
- Julie Ann Russell Doncaster Belles FC
- Aine O’Gorman Doncaster Belles FC
- Fiona O’Sullivan Soyaux ASJ
- Ruesha Littlejohn Liverpool FC
- Denise O’Sullivan Cork Women’s FC
- Shannon Smyth Amazon Grimstad FK
- Cherelle Khassal Wexford Youths FC
- Michele O’Brien Chicago Red Eleven FC
- Diane Caldwell Avaldsnes FC
- Stephanie Roche Peamount United FC
- Dora Gorman Peamount United FC