Schools get creative to cheer on WNT
Altogether 10 schools from seven different counties got their crayons and paintbrushes out to provide some colourful messages to motivate Vera Pauw's team ahead of their UEFA EURO qualifier against Germany.
The WNT squad used their profile in the build up to the game to raise awareness for Childhood Cancer and encourage school kids to write poetry, but this saw them on the receiving end of some extraordinary support.
Over 100 pieces of artwork were sent through for the team and each one was stuck to the walls of the tunnel area inside Tallaght Stadium so that the Ireland players would see them upon arrival.
Here are the schools who created the artwork:
- Farnham National School, County Cavan
- Burrow National School, Dublin 13
- St Brigid’s Primary School, Dublin 8
- St Patrick’s Girls National School, Dublin 3
- Sallins National School, County Kildare
- Tallanstown National School, County Louth
- Our Lady of Mercy Primary School, County Tipperary
- St Joseph’s Primary School, County Tipperary
- Ballymurn National School, County Wexford
- Powerscourt National School, County Wicklow
Republic of Ireland v Germany
UEFA 2022 Women’s European Championship Qualifying – Group I
Tuesday, December 1
LIVE on RTE2
Referee: Sara Persson (Sweden)
Click here to view the full match preview