Shooting & Finishing in a 3v3 + GK (+2)
TOPIC / THEME
To improve the quality of the players shooting & finishing in a 3v3 + GK (+2) practice
DESCRIPTION OF PRACTICE (TECHNIQUE / SKILL)
This session is designed to improve the player's application of technique and decision making.
Development of heading.
- Progress from the 3v3 (+GK) practice, apply the same organisation.
- Back players can play to strikers to set up or turn and shoot. (knock downs, rebounds and deflections still count)
- If back player plays into the striker the other back player can join in the attacking half.
- Either back player can join in from the back once a pass is made to the striker
- When the ball goes to the striker it must go to either of the supporting wide men.
- The wide men cross for the striker and back players to score.
Players must concentrate on:
- Create Space
- Individuals - Quality of the passing
- Team - Quality of support
- Exploit Space
- Width to cross
- Centrally to score - shoot, head, rebound
Progress to 6v6 (+2)