Referees Courses Taking Bookings
The course consists of 14 hours’ classroom-based tuition & 1-hour practical session on a marked football pitch.
The course is interactive and students are set visual test and groupwork challenges and will be run over 4 days (details below). At the end of the course all students will undertake a written test on the Laws of the Game - 20 questions with multiply choice answers.
Students who successfully complete the course will, subject to Garda vetting clearance, and completion of a Sport Ireland Safe Guarding Children basic awareness workshop, be awarded a Grade 4/5 licence to Referee and allocated to a League in their area. The level and number of appointments you receive would be a matter for the Leagues administrators.
Further educational opportunities are available through or compulsory Grassroots Referee Development modules and annual Grassroots Referee Seminar.
The courses currently taking bookings are:
- Wexford Referee Beginner Course 14th/15th July – Ferrycarrig Park – 2 Days (Saturday/Sunday)
- Sligo Referee Beginner Course 28th / 29th July – Ray MacSharry Park – 2 Days (Saturday/Sunday)
- Offaly Referee Beginner Course 28th / 29th July – Tullamore Harriers Athletic Club – 2 Days (Saturday/Sunday)
- Louth Referee Beginner Course 11th / 12th August – Oriel Park – 2 Days (Saturday/Sunday)
- Cork Referee Beginner Course 13th – 18th August – Mardyke Arena - 3 Evenings/1 Day (Monday /Wednesday/Friday/Saturday)
- Dublin Referee Beginner Course 8th / 9th September – FAI National Training Centre – 2 Days (Saturday/Sunday)
For further information email Stephen.King@FAI.ie