League of Ireland Social Media Coordinator role open
League of Ireland Social Media Coordinator
Job Title: League of Ireland Social Media Coordinator
Location: FAI Headquarters, Abbotstown, Dublin 15, Ireland
Direct Reporting Line To: League of Ireland Communications Executive
Commencement Date: ASAP
Duration: Casual contract
Ahead of the 2023 League of Ireland season, we are delighted to announce a new opening for the role of League of Ireland Social Media Coordinator for our match coverage. This is an exciting opportunity at the heart of promoting the League of Ireland and keeping supporters up to date on match night with best-in-class content for our social media platforms for the SSE Airtricity Men's Premier Division, SSE Airtricity Men's First Division and SSE Airtricity Women's Premier Division. This is a position on a casual contract where you will be required to work at least one match night per week during the 2023 season averaging four-hours per shift.
● Production of content on the official League of Ireland channels during match days
● Adherence to the Brand’s tone of voice, style guide and brief directed by the FAI Communications Department on a weekly basis
● Create content through text, image and video that will engage existing followers and attract new fans
● Follow and deliver content directed from each weekly FAI Communications Department brief on match coverage expectations and adapting to additional direction before, during and after match coverage
● Produce in-game match graphics from templates for statistic updates
● Edit video footage from live feeds to capture and highlight significant moments
● Pitch ideas on how to attract new followers and create excitement around the League
● Adapt content to the specific social platform and utilise any tools available
● Keep all social media platforms updated throughout a match-day and link to the next set of matches
Experience & knowledge
● Knowledge and proven experience in social media content creation
● Huge passion for football and particularly Irish football
● Basic knowledge of video-editing and graphic design
● Enrollment or qualification in a third-level multimedia course
● A love for football and understanding of the football and wider sporting landscape
This is a paid position, run through the Football Association of Ireland, and applicants must be available for all match-days throughout the 2023 season.
Please email your application with examples of previous work on social media to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, January 11 at 5pm.