FAI encourage clubs to register for new ZEVI scheme
The scheme, funded through the government’s Shared Island Fund and is administered by Pobal on behalf of Zero Emission Vehicle Ireland (ZEVI), has launched which will pay for the civil and electric works as well as the purchase and installation of an electric vehicle charger for sports clubs.
The FAI are encouraging clubs to check their eligibility status for the scheme which could help advance the accessibility of your club from now and into the future.
Clubs and Leagues that would like to Express an Interest in putting their organisation forward for consideration for this scheme should complete the below steps;
(i) Read through the listing of minimum requirements outlined below to ensure your organisation can meet the eligibility requirements.
(ii) Complete this Expression of Interest form in full before the deadline at 12pm on Friday February 24th 2023.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements for Interested Organisation's:
1. Clubs and Leagues looking to express an interest in this scheme must own or hold a lease on the land on which the charge point would be installed.
2. Clubs and Leagues holding a lease must have the written permission from the property owner to enter the scheme and install a charge point.
3. A publicly accessible carpark and/or car parking is required (minimum 2 spaces per EV point).
4. A 3-phase electrical connection is required.
5. Provide reasonable facilities (publicly accessible toilets, waiting area, gym, coffee shop etc.) must be on site or nearby (within 500m).
Clubs and Leagues which feel like they meet the minimum requirements should complete the Expression of Interest form which can be accessed here.
The deadline for applications is Friday, February 24th at 12pm.