FAI Club Mark goes from strength to strength
28 clubs from all four provinces now have the prestigious award, with 16 fulfilling the criteria in 2019.
The FAI Club Mark is an award based on best practice in the governance, management and administration of a football club. Clubs start their journey at Entry Level, and can progress on to become a 1 star club. Each step challenges the club to implement policies and procedures in line with best practice.
The aim of the FAI Club Mark:
- Establish minimum operating criteria for football clubs
- Provide clubs with a road map to good governance, management and administration
- Support clubs on their Journey
- Reward clubs for achieving and maintaining high standards
- Provide recognition to clubs for their commitment and achievements
- Increase club’s capacity to operate effectively and grow football in communities throughout Ireland.
Speaking about the Club Mark in 2019, FAI Club Support Officer Vincent Foley said the programme is going from strength-to-strength.
"Since it began in 2018, the FAI Club Mark has seen over 200 clubs register for the initiative with almost 30 clubs completing the Entry Level Award. A select number of clubs are currently piloting the One Star Award which will result in those clubs continuing to raise standards on and off the pitch.
"As a result of this initative, the FAI plans to deliver further specific services and supports to grassroots clubs throughout Ireland including specific participation programmes to attract new players into well run clubs. The Club Mark assists volunteers to build clubs that attract and retain players, coaches and volunteers and highlights their excellence in the community."
2019 FAI Club Mark Entry Level Award Winners
- Broadford United
- Carrick Town FC
- Clondalkin Celtic FC
- Colemanstown United (pictured above)
- Everton AFC
- Forth Celtic FC
- Killarney Celtic
- Lagan Harps
- Macroom FC
- Mucklagh FC
- Parkvale FC
- Parkvilla FC
- Parkville AFC
- Shiven Rovers FC
- Two-Mile-Borris/St. Kevin's
- Verona FC
For more information on the FAI Club Mark, please click here.