Club Mark for Kerry's Castlegregory Celtic
Castlegregory Celtic F.C. is a club from West Kerry that was established in 1995 by a group of local football enthusiasts.
The club who have one of the country's most scenic pitches is based in Illauncaum, Castlegregory which was thanks to the Goggin family.
Castlegregory Celtic has grown exponentially in recent years with over 40 registered players and a strong non-playing membership.
The club has senior sides competing in the Kerry District League and has enjoyed silverware throughout the years:
- Kerry District League Denny Division 1A Champions 2019/2020
- Kerry District League Denny Division 1B Champions 2018/2019
- Kerry District League Denny Division 3 Champions 1999/2000
- Kerry District League Denny Division 4 Champions 1998/1999
- West Kerry Tournament Champions 1996
Through years of hard work and dedication the club is in a fantastic position both on and off the pitch. Since it was founded Castlegregory Celtic has been fortunate to receive huge support from local people and businesses which has enabled the club to prosper and grow year on year.
In order to promote positive growth the club has an ethos of "Leave it better than you found it". This is achieved as a club via a number of core principles : A strong committee, dedicated volunteers, a fantastic coaching team and huge local backing.
With a robust development plan identifying key aims with the objective of continued growth and maintenance of structures both on and off the pitch, the future is bright for Castlegregory Celtic F.C.
The FAI Club Mark is free and optional for clubs and aims to:
- Improve the management of clubs ‘off the field’
- Establish and promote best practice
- Empower and support clubs
- Recognise and reward clubs for achieving high standards
- Increase a club’s capacity to operate effectively and grow football in communities throughout Ireland.
If your club is interested in learning more about the FAI Club Mark please complete this short Registration Form.