FAI Club Mark
Community clubs are essential in the provision of football in Ireland. Football has grown into one of the most widely played and loved games in the country and this is due to the work undertaken by volunteers who play an invaluable role in recreational and competitive football at all levels.
Well organised clubs with strong structures and volunteers are best placed to promote football and develop players. More than ever it is essential that every club is well organised in all areas of club management. The FAI has a key role to play in facilitating club development by identifying and promoting best practice and providing the necessary guidance to empower clubs. Clubs are the foundation of all football activity in this country. We must ensure this foundation is strong and secure to build on the success of the game.
WHAT – The FAI Club Mark is an award based on best practice in the governance, management and administration of a football club. Clubs start their journey at Entry Level, and can progress on to become a 1 star club. Each step challenges the club to implement policies and procedures in line with best practice.
The aim of the FAI Club Mark:
- Establish minimum operating criteria for football clubs
- Provide clubs with a road map to good governance, management and administration
- Support clubs on their Journey
- Reward clubs for achieving and maintaining high standards
- Provide recognition to clubs for their commitment and achievements
- Increase club’s capacity to operate effectively and grow football in communities throughout Ireland.
If your club is interested in attaining the award please complete the Registration Form