Apply: Sports & Recreation Level 4 Course
What is this course? This is a unique Education Hub based in the South Dublin Football League Centre in Ballyowen Park Lucan. It is the result of a partnership between the Football Association of Ireland (FAI) and the Dublin & Dun Laoghaire Education and Training Board.
Is it for me? Do you want to become a qualified FAI Coach? Do you want to become an ITEC certified Gym Instructor. Do you want to gain formal education qualifications in great environment? If you want these qualifications, and to gain formal education qualifications then this is exactly for you.
What does the course cost? The course is free of charge. Applicants who are claiming a Social Welfare payment will be entitled to a training allowance. Only 20 places, and they will fill fast!
What will I need? No formal qualifications are required; be interested in sports, health and fitness with a willingness to work hard to achieve certification and have a positive attitude to learning new things.
What can I achieve? Successful learners will be awarded Certification in:
* Sports and Recreation QQI level 4 major award
* ITEC Gym Instructor award
* FAI PDP 1 and 2 Certificates – Introduction to Coaching
* FAI Strength & Conditioning
* FAI 4v4 and 7v7 workshops
* FAI D Licence
* FAI Pan disability football workshop
* FAI Intercultural workshop
How long is the course? The course is full time (Monday to Friday) for 40 weeks.
What about the future? Previous students have:
* Gained employment in Gyms / Leisure Clubs
* Gained employment in the FAI
* Progressed to Level 5/ 6 PLC courses
* Set up their own Football Teams / Clubs
* Set up their own business’ in a number of areas including: Health and Fitness, and Wellbeing.